The free boiler scheme has been around for a good few years now, hundreds of thousands of free boilers have been installed in to peoples homes throughout the UK and now, thanks to the UK government, the scheme has been extended until at least 2017.
If you claim the correct combination of income-related benefits, you could qualify to have a free boiler installed in to your home either completely free of charge, or heavily subsidised. When the scheme was extended in 2015’s new financial year, some changes took place the criteria was tweaked slightly.
Before you apply for a free boiler grant, below are five things you should know;
- Free Boilers are available for a limited time only – The Free Boiler scheme has been extended until 2017, but there is still only a very limited pot of funding which is available. If you think you may qualify, act fast and apply as quickly as you can.
- Income limited raised to £16,010 – Last year, the limit was £15,860 if you were in receipt of Child Tax Credits, or Working Tax Credits. It has now been raised up to £16,010 which opens the scheme up to a whole new range of people.
- A/B Rated Boilers can now be replaced – Previously, the free boiler scheme did not allow installers to replace A/B rated boilers. Now, however, if your boiler is broken beyond economical repair, then you could qualify for a fully funded, free replacement.
- Funding levels have increased slightly – In recent weeks, new contracts have been rolled out to free boiler installers and the rate has increased slightly from what it was at the start of 2015. This means that if you had an assessment previously and were told you may have had to contribute a high amount to cover the installation costs, you may now be able to have the boiler installed for free, or subsidised even more.
- Nationwide Coverage – There are installers all over the country now who are able to look after the free boiler grant installation. So, no matter where you live, if you apply, you should be able to have a survey within as little as 48 hours.
Want to know if you qualify? Use this form to see if you qualify for a free boiler grant.